Woop Woop! Last day of my twenties, and how shall I celebrate? By spending the day on the sofa, watching netflix and eating pizza? Noooo!
When I look back I’ve had some wonderful experiences…
- Bought a house! yeah it’s now a mess, the garden has returned to its “natural state”, the inside is covered in cat hair and people keep falling over on the front path, but it’s mine!
- Travelled from the UK to New Zealand and back 7 times! Ughh the memories of those flights (love NZ).
- Dated, got engaged and then married to a lovely, hairy, wannabe-rockstar who has been awesome over the last 10 years
- Got to know some wonderful family and friends, before we had to say goodbye (love you all, wherever you are now)
- Graduated from uni as a mechanical engineer, gone into a career not really using my degree at all but still managed to become chartered last year (hooray!)
- Visited Lithuania, Hungary, Belgium, Holland, France, Ireland, Hong Kong, U.S.A, Italy, Austria, Germany, Scotland (woo!), Singapore, Australia, NZ, Wales (double woo!), Switzerland, Luxembourg, Czech Republic!
- Bought and cared for two cats, who are the most naughty, pesky creatures that you will ever meet – but I love them to bits.
- Finally (!) after years of dieting actually lost the weight I wanted to, and maintained it! (although pregnancy is now impacting that quite a lot!)
- Managed to get to 18 weeks pregnant (today!)… through the rollercoaster of IVF – and can now properly feel the little moving about!
- Met some awesome people, and established some amazing friendships that I’m sure will last my lifetime.
I’m not sad about turning 30 – I’m excited about what the next 10 years will bring… although if anyone dares call me 30 I can’t be held accountable for my actions!